Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Vintage Purchase

So... I made my first e-bay purchase last week. A very cool vintage letter stamp set!

In theory, this was the perfect purchase... retro (like us), cool (like us), and a great asset to our hand stamped cards and custom services. However... sometimes vintage just means old and broke. As stated in the e-bay description, the rubber had hardened. Of course, I paid that no mind and pretended that it would still work like a dream. Unfortunately what that actually means is that the little rubber letters don't quite fit into the stamper, which means you can't actually stamp anything without it looking like jibberish! * sigh * If anyone out there has a brilliant idea on how to rehydrate rubber so it does what it's supposed to, feel free to let us know! I haven't completely given up hope. I have faith that we can figure out a way around this so we can use our cool retro stamper.
Until next time...
Tamara

No comments: