Sunday, February 3, 2008

Atlanta Craft Mafia

Saturday I attended a Meet & Greet for the new Atlanta Craft Mafia at Parkgrounds in Reynoldstown. All The Ladies were very friendly and it seems like they have a lot of great ideas in mind for the upcoming year. And lucky for me, we were able to make some lovely Valentines... I was more than a little frightened of the mounds of fabric, thread, buttons and other accessories, and rightfully so. Check out this sad little heart I created...
Yipes. But we did get a bag of goodies with some fun stuff that made up for my lack of fabric-creation abilities...
I think the two things I like best are the cute little hair clip from talulah B (vintage buttons, and a retro silo? Perfection) and the fabric and tee from SustainGroup.org. The fabric may very well end up being my first sewing venture with my new machine. Yes, it's still sitting in the closet, and yes, I still plan on trying to figure it out!
In any event, I met some great people whom I hope to see at future events, so I hope that our application is approved and we can become official members of this funky group!
-Tamara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Are you a member of the Atlanta Craft Mafia? I keep trying to go to their web site and it says it's for sale. (???) I want to get involved, though. Can you point me in the right direction?

Also, you might be interested in a craft show in Griffin, GA. www.hatchmarket.com