Thursday, February 28, 2008

"Make it Work!"

Who doesn't love Tim Gunn? Inspired yet again by Project Runway, and the fact that I have a sewing machine sitting in the closet screaming to be used, I finally busted it out to see what I can do.
Sadly, the answer is not a whole lot, but I learned many lessons last Sunday. I learned that sometimes you need to make sure that everything is in place before you begin sewing, or the stitches aren't quite right. I learned that even when you think the machine is threaded correctly, sometimes it's not. And it's still not. And still... not. I also learned that machines don't care if your finger is in the way. Ouch. But I also learned that paper is much easier to sew than fabric. This was a wonderful discovery since that will probably be our first venture! So while it's likely I won't be on next season of Project Runway, it's highly likely that you'll begin seeing some sewn paper on our products very soon. I'll continue to practice, and the final result will be beautiful!
Cheers!
Tamara

No comments: